The PIABA Bar Journal seeks concise writing on the cutting edge of securities litigation, regulation, alternative dispute resolution and the Finance of investments and litigation.
Our readers are often some of the most knowledgeable people in securities litigation. They appreciate succinct rigorous thought. To that end, they do not want to be reminded that the Securities Act was enacted in 1933 or that arbitration was approved in Shearson/American Express v. McMahon, 482 U.S. 220 (1987).
Some law journals place a premium on lengthy articles and footnotes. We do not. Footnotes and pages added for pedantic purposes will be removed during editing or may be reason for rejection.
The Journal welcomes articles from all sources. Individuals interested in contributing or with questions regarding article ideas, or submission requirements, should contact Editor-in-Chief, Lance McCardle or Robin Ringo for assistance. Prospective articles are juried for publication consideration. To help authors improve their chances for publication, the Journal’s Editor-in-Chief is available to discuss article ideas.
Recent Arbitration Awards
If you have received an Award that would you believe to be of interest to PIABA members, please forward the completed Arbitration Award Report Form to Tiffany Zachary.
Student Submissions: The PIABA Bar Journal welcomes student and young lawyer submissions at any time. Our Editors often offer guidance so as to elevate student articles to a publishable quality. Consideration is given to the content of the articles and their usefulness to our readers. The range of publishable topics is limitless. Students seeking a Journal article topic and/or possessing a desire to do work with an experienced practitioner on an article may also contact our editors.
The 2021 article submission deadlines are as follows:
Volume 28 Issue 1 November 30, 2020
Volume 28 Issue 2 March 5, 2021
Volume 28 Issue 3 June 11, 2021
Articles shall be submitted in word format pursuant to the following:
1. One inch margins top, bottom and sides.
2. Single Space text; double space between paragraphs.
3. Do not indent paragraphs.
4. Put the title of the article at the top followed by the author’s name and a short author biography.
5. Font is times new roman, 11 pitch; footnotes are 10 pitch
6. Use footnotes rather than endnotes.
7. Other than footnotes, do not use footers or headers.
8. Articles shall be submitted for black and white reproduction.
9. Attachments should be a clear, quality copy suitable for reproduction, and must comport to the page print size of 4 3/4 x 7 1/4. PIABA will not accept attachments that do not meet these specifications.
10. Attachments including a copy right, require reprint permission submitted in writing from the author or publisher to PIABA. PIABA will not accept attachments that have a copyright without this required written authorization.
11. PIABA reserves the right edit or reformat materials as required.
Prospective articles are juried and may be submitted for consideration by the PIABA Bar Journal Board-of-Editors through the Article Submission Form or by email attachment to Editor-in-Chief, Lance McCardle, Managing Editor, Philip Vujanov, or Robin Ringo.