Article Distribution Agreement
This Agreement is made between PIABA and
At its election, PIABA plans to publish in the PIABA Bar Journal a work entitled,
1. The Work will be edited and distributed by PIABA.
2. Contributor has written or co-written one or more elements of the Work.
Now, therefore, the parties agree as follows:
1. The Contributor warrants and guarantees to PIABA that the contribution is original on his or her part, except for such material from copyrighted sources as is reproduced with the written permission of the copyright holder, and is in no way a violation of, or an infringement upon, any copyright belonging to any third party. The Contributor shall indemnify and hold PIABA harmless from any claims of infringement of copyright by any third party regarding the materials included in Contributor's manuscript.
2. Contributor does hereby assign to PIABA the Work in its original or edited format, the right to print in any format and with any print service media, Contributor’s manuscript corresponding to the foregoing throughout the world.
3. PIABA , in its sole discretion, will decide whether to register copyright for the Work in its own name and at its own expense.
4. The Contributor shall receive two (2) copies of the PIABA Bar Journal containing the Work.
5. The Contributor shall receive no royalty payments from any publication sales of the Work.
6. This constitutes the entire agreement between PIABA and the Contributor and supersedes any other understandings or terms, including those expressed in any invoice of the Contributor.
By signing and dating this Agreement, you acknowledge the foregoing terms are satisfactory.